We are looking to hire a Data Engineer with a strong focus on SQL Databases (Clickhouse & MySQL) and other data processing and modelling languages & technics with Analytical skills.
Join us : BY Solutions is building and selling a SaaS product called Profit Intelligence (PI). The solution is designed to support hotels designing their strategy by collecting large amount of data from multiple sources and making them available in different modules using algorithm & AI.
BY Solutions is looking to hire a Data Engineer with a strong focus on SQL Databases (Clickhouse & MySQL) and other data processing and modelling languages & technics with Analytical skills.
Truly flexible work environment with flat organization (no hierarchy). We rely on each team member responsibility and autonomy to perform the tasks in Agile working method as a team. We are driven by our values. We Innovate to support & excel. We are people centric and accessible for all. We are passionate about what we do and have great pleasure doing it!
Location: Home based and/or between Montpellier/Marseille (FR)
Experiences: Minimum 3 Years
Salary: Based on experience
Contract length: Undetermined (CDI)
Time /Week: Full time
- Designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining products and internal data related systems & databases.
- Optimize Data models and large data set to be accurate, performant and scalable.
- Back-end data modelling and analysis - Work together with the Developer team to develop data models based on application specifications
- Proceed with Ad-hoc deep data analysis prior to ETL & Modelling
- Be the point of reference in the Developer Team for all data related processes, from models’ definition to implementation and data support, ensuring a consistent approach to data management is in place.
- Expected to be able to quickly solve problems, write maintainable code, and adhere to quality standards.
- Developers must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Is self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction, be motivated.
Data & Databases
- A successful candidate has a thorough knowledge of database concepts and relational databases (e.g. ClickHouse, MySQL, NoSQL...);
- Must have experience working with large datasets and transactions (aka BigData)
- Database and data model performance tuning
- Data warehousing / data transformation experience (ETL)
- Data warehousing architecture experience
- A successful candidate is passionate about data and keeps up to date with the latest trends.
- He / she is creative, an out-of-the-box thinker and able to work in an agile development environment.
- He / she can communicate with different tech teams and he /she is a true team player. Can communicate openly and clearly both verbally and in writing and pitches information at the appropriate level.
- Candidate has experience with commercial data processing and/or hospitality data processing and/or BI and data visualization is seen as major plus.
- Experience in API connection and transformation of different data types (XML, JSON…)
- Candidates have experience in Master Data Management (MDM)
- Candidates have experience with scripting languages (PHP and/or Python).
- Experience with databases like SingleStore, Google BigQuery, postgre MongoDB or other NoSQL solutions.
- Clustered or Distributed Computing experience is viewed as a major plus
- Experience in working with Git or other versioning systems and creating relevant documentation.